Recently we started a new association under the name of 'Berlin, no more walls' with some of our friends and other interested parties.
At the moment we are working from the following points of view:
- SOCIAL: in the sense of
- NO MORE WALLS
- HOPE, FREEDOM AND PEACE
- ALL OVER THE WORLD
- CULTURAL: in the sense of photography, graffiti, etc.
- HISTORY AND POLITICS: of the Berlin Wall, built in 1961, Cold War, the Fall of the Berlin Wall, Iron Curtain.
The Fall of the Berlin Wall in the 20th century was considered to be one of the most important events in the century worldwide.
- EDUCATION: construct the show so that it can be used in education cf. the exhibitions in Menen and the Wissel.
The association uses the knowledge and collection of Lode Anseel and mapped the following guidelines:
- Sending a message to young and old. We think too few people realize how lucky we and the whole world were with the peaceful revolution in East Germany and Eastern Europe.
- Initially, we're thinking about a website, which will become multilingual, newsletters, use of Facebook, Twitter, updated (traveling) exhibition, etc.
- In a later stage we will review if a museum, where the collection is permanently exhibited, is among the possibilities.
- Collaboration with education, Klasse, Lerarenkaart, other cultural associations, publishing a photo book, etc.
How quickly everything develops depends on many factors:
- We see it locally because it's easier for meetings and cooperation
- Remote: international via the internet
- Obtain logistical support through the association
- Support through the internet from (Belgian) volunteers, or for example Couchsurfing (which has its own department of volunteers) etc.
We have good contacts as well as in our own country, Germany and Berlin. So far a short summary of what we would like to develop.
The current anniversary years:
2009 : Fall of the Berlin Wall 20 years ago
2010 : 20 years reunion: unit
2011 : Build of the Berlin Wall 50 years ago
2014 : Fall of the Berlin Wall 25 years ago
Ideas, comments, advice, support, etc. are always welcome